Using your school's AYP or MSA data (or your feeder school's data), lead a 30 minute discussion about your schools performance at a staff meeting or department, interdisciplinary, grade level or leadership team meeting. Identify the data you will use and the questions you will ask to guide the discussion. At the end of the discussion, write a short reflection addressing the following questions:
- Were staff engaged in this discussion?
- Did staff seem surprised at any data?
- Were they especially concerned about any data?
- Did staff evidence any ownership of the data, i.e., did they see the relationship of what they do in their classrooms as impacting the data?
- What would you do differently next time you led this discussion?
- What are your next steps for engaging staff in data analysis?