|Identify schools that outperformed you|
In your data analysis assignment you identified some schools that outperformed you. One of those schools might be a good choice for your benchmarking visit. However, before you decide which school to visit, take a closer look at the benchmarking graphs in the Analyzing Your MSPAP Data section of MDK12. Answering the following questions will guide you through the process of determining the best school to visit.
At the end of this examination, identify the school you would like to visit with a school team.
- Have you identified the low performance content area that you want to get some ideas how to improve?
- Have you identified a criteria to use in finding similar schools? (percent of students in special education, in free and reduced meals programs, etc.)
- Have you identified any groups of students that you need to find some better instructional strategies to support their success?
- Have you looked at the graph entitled, " Which schools have been most successful with specified student populations?"
- Have you identified any outcomes that you need to focus on?
- Have you examined the graph entitled," Who are the high performing schools?" that identifies the top seven performing schools in each of the FARMS bands?
- Have you taken a closer look at the data on the schools that you might visit to see if their performance last year was 1) part of a longer trend of progress and 2) has shown progress beyond chance over time?
- Have you taken a closer look at the data on the schools that you might visit to see if their performance extended to all groups of students and showed growth in the outcome area that you are focusing?