Write a memo to your staff that describes your expectations that teams or departments participate in ongoing data dialogues that will promote their use of data to inform instruction. Be sure to identify the reason, focus, and end products for these dialogues.
When a staff member reads your memo, they should be able to answer the following questions:
- Why does my principal expect me to participate in data dialogues?
- How will it benefit students?
- Whos in charge of ensuring this happens?
- How often does my principal expect me to participate in data dialogues? When?
- How will my principal know that I am doing it?
- What am I expected to produce as end products to these dialogues?
- What am I expected to do with these end products?